Sunday 18 May 2008

May 18th, 2008: How Could My Response Blog Possibly Follow That?!

Hello, Dolls!

For anyone new that's reading this (which I highly doubt, in the best sense, of course) and is a bit confused as to what we're doing, please refer to the last two blogs in this series of instalments. We (Adam says it more eloquently) try to explain it as best we possibly can. It's not confusing; the project is still developing, I think.

How could I possibly be consequent to that blog?! His description is absolutely perfect. I remember hearing that song for the first time when I was nine.; it immediately captivated me. Songs like that entirely altered my views on music. I realized that it could be more than mediocrity coming from a computer-enhanced synthesizer; music is a science, a great coalescence of specific sounds and tones, sometimes accompanied by carefully mulled over lyrics. Magnificent. Just magnificent.

The format needs work, I think. If you have any suggestions, I'm ready to comply. :]

QUESTION 2:

What real person, alive or dead, do you most relate to?

I cannot believe that I'm actually going to say this (I'm not worthy to grace the ground she walks on), but I would have to say that I relate to Emma Thompson the most. She is a strong, driven woman in an industry that is known for objectifying and prostituting individuals, particularly of the female sex. I can identify with her views and goals. She doesn't work towards fame or money. Emma is person who works purely for her art. In an interview she revealed that she's not very rich (by celebrity terms, anyways) at all; all she has is a house for her family and a small sum of money in her savings. The rest goes to charities and such. I absolutely love that. She's not caught up in the idolatry of disgustingly-large sums of money. Along with her views on the separation of her art and the media, we share a lot in common. We both are actresses, writers, extreme lovers of Jane Austen, witty, thirsty for knowledge, hilarious, and not afraid to be different or controversial. Emma Thompson personifies what every celebrity should be but is entirely not.

Well, I could go on and on about Thompson for hours, but I won't because this site must have some sort of word limit. Both Adam and I know very well that we could go on writing without desisting.

Adam, about the video embedding, you have to go to edit HTML when composing your blog and enter the code there. I hope that helped. :]

I love the banner. It's perfect.

QUESTION 3:

If you were given two tickets to travel to any place at any time (fictional or non-fictional), who would you take, where would go you and why?

This question is not very difficult to answer, but it does require a lot of sorting through adored locations and their glory years. I finally have come down to one and an honourable mention. I know that this sounds like such a stock answer, but I'm going to say it anyways. I want to go to the Wizarding World. I want to be in the same land as Harry Potter.

Hello, my name is Reese, and I am a Harry Potter fangirl.

I would want it to be right after the war and want to be involved with the new beginning of a life without the kind of fear Voldemort brought upon the people of the wizarding community. Id probably bring my friend Victoria with me, because I feel that she would benefit from it and enjoy it most (we both are very avid Potter readers). We would travel into the world by thestral or magical train to the Burrow. From there we could use the Floo Network to get around.

My second choice would be the world of The Borrowers. When I was younger, I wore my copies of the series down to their delicate little bindings. I just think that there something attractive about being very small in a very big world. I also like the idea of using thimbles as cooking pots.

I'm quite interested in reading your response, Elated Mango Jam (very clever). I hope that this response hasn't been that pathetic.

By the way, I leave for my trip on May 27th (I return on the 12th of June), so I may not be able to respond to your blog within the time limit unless you respond before I leave. No pressure, I just didn't want to leave you hanging for a couple of weeks. :]

I can't wait for your response,

Reese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa Kilzi, I am so completely honored that you would take me to the world of Harry Potter. I was actually going to re-read them this week considering I am extremely bored and rather do that then watch One Tree Hill (I hate that show). Haha, well I hope your having fun!!! Your probably going to be in London by the time you get this :]