Sunday 11 May 2008

Consequent Bloggers:The Beginning- 05/10

Well, blog reader, Adam J.M. Eagleton and I have decided to start a Question Blog thread. It starts today. :] Here's how it works. I'll post a question to Adam and answer it myself. Then, he will answer that question, ask me a new question, and answer that one himself. This will go on for as long as he and I keep responding to each other's blogs. Along with the questions, we might add our own news, information, images, commentary, videos, etc... just for jokes. I hope people actually read these, but if not, at least Adam and I will get to know each other better because of it.

QUESTION 1:
What are your favourite song lyrics and why?

My favourite lyrics are from the song "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" written by Cole Porter:
_____________________________________________________________________________________


"Ev'ry time we say goodbye, I die a little.

Ev'ry time we say goodbye, I wonder why a little,
Why the gods above me, who must be in the know,Think so little of me,
they allow you to go.
When you're near, there's such an air of spring about it.
I can hear a lark somewhere, begin to sing about it.
There's no love song finer, but how strange the change from major to
Minor, Ev'ry time we say goodbye.

When you're near, there's such an air of spring about it.
I can hear a lark somewhere, begin to sing about it.
There's no love song finer, but how strange the change from major to
Minor, Ev'ry time we say goodbye."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I love these lyrics because they imply that there's always something greater controlling what occurs between you and another person. There are reasons why things happen and don't happen, reasons why they leave and why they stay. Also, the fact that only nature can remind you of something so wonderful is amazing and entirely organic, the way love should be. Even little things can remind you of someone else, a sound in the background, a person in a picture, a sentence in a book, a passing conversation... It's a lovely, simple, short song that means so much.

Alright, it's your turn, Adam. :]

No comments: