Saturday 6 September 2008

I have a moo cow, a new cow, a true cow named Caroline

Hello, all.

This blog has been held off for too long, but this time, Consequent Bloggers has been fortified with vital excuses!

You see, dear, dear readers that I have begun school once again. The summer has effortlessly run away with my idle hours, and it saddens me deeply. Now, nearly all my days are filled with speaking to people I would much prefer not to even see, teachers who have absolutely no idea what the hell they're doing, and studying subjects that I'd rather not hear of again. Ever.

So, 75% of my time spent on the computer is spent off the internet writing 800-word papers on comparisons between the political situations in the early Classical civilizations of Asia and composing my future in present-tense prose. As you can well assume, Adam, I'd prefer waiting for you to come online than writing down one more blasted thing about Han China.

Mini rant has ceased.

Maureen is thoroughly made of awesome, Adam. Showing you that autograph just further reassures us of her Secret Sister status. Maureen, if you're reading this, A.) You are simply glorious. 2.) Thank you for reading our humble blog, and C.) Your Scarlett Fever updates on Twitter are making me anxious.

OOH TWITTER, the phenomenon. Has there ever been something that's easier to be addicted to? Twitter does not empty its users' pockets of money. It is not harmful to your health or to others. The site makes sure that each update stays short and to the point (Only 140 words?! ARE THEY CRAZY?), so it's much easier to update more frequently. Do people actually want to know what you're doing at every moment of every day. My followers collectively say, "Yes."







Follow me. Adam, think about getting Twitter. Even if you don't use it very often, your Tweets will be epic and extremely special.


On to Warwickshire!


I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I was only there for about 8 hours, but the enitre town truly was amazing, even though it did seem a bit commercialized in some bits of it, too many gift shops containing Shakespeare cutouts and quote mugs. Everything was extremely beautiful, though, and secretly, I wanted that action figure.


I saw that Twelfth Night guest house. Tis so amazing that even the simplest things tie us together, Adam. The note, the house, the blog, Nerdfighteria. Wonderous.


Hamlet is altogether incredible on it's own, but accompanied by Tennant, Stewart, and the incomperable RSC, It can only be described as truly-phenomenal and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.


Honestly, Adam, I read that dream with squinted eyes and an agape mouth. How odd! One night, you have a dream concerning the universe and its collapse. Another night, you're being yelled at about your vegetarianism and anticipating being coated in tomato ketchup. Funny, isn't it, how we can still be entirely surprised my the makings of our own minds?


I've been anticipating those Captain Hook photos (complete with full-length coat, this time) for quite a while. They still make me smile.


On to your question, now, I suppose.


QUESTION 8:


Where would you like to live for the rest of your life? Is it the same as where you live now? Why would you like to live there?


I must say now that I would not like to live where I live currently for a number of reasons.


I've lived here my entire life. This place knows me too well. I can go anywhere, and I know where I am. There is no opportunity for exploration, let alone growth. I need a place that's familiar enough to be comfortable living there, but it still must hold a sense saying, "There is something greater here. Look. Listen. Touch. Smell. Taste. Do whatever you must to find it, and you will find it. I promise." I know that's a lot to ask of a place, but if I'm spending the rest of my life there, I have the right to be picky.


This may be an obvious answer coming from me, but can you blame me?




Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America, North America, Earth, Universe


If there is one place in the world that says:

"There is something greater here. Look. Listen. Touch. Smell. Taste. Do whatever you must to find it, and you will find it. I promise."

...it is New York City. I was there for a week two years ago, in December. I moment I stepped outside JFK, I knew. I knew I'd be happy there. Even in the pictures, you could tell that, in Manhattan, something changed me. I looked more content. I was complete.

As for the more practical requirements, I can handle the weather and am skilled in self-defense and apt to memorizing maps and such.

I can see my career taking off there. I can see myself meeting the most-amazing people and establishing life-long relationships with them. I can see myself finding refuge in the city. Most of all, I can see myself building a prosperous life there.

And now for the main event...

QUESTION 9:

What are your 5 favourite YouTube channels? Haikus are welcome.

VlogBrothers



John and Hank are fun

They are made of awesome, yes?

NFs for the win.

HayleyGHoover



Her name's Hayley, dog

Witty, Clever, and Perfect

5AG for life.

ZonkZink


Broadway Deconstruct


Seth knows what he's talking 'bout.


He is Ahmahzing.


MissXRojas



Secret Sis Rosi

She loves books quite a lot, non?

HP and DW


DisneyKid1

Joe loves Pokemon.

He is adorably sweet.

Too funny and real

Well, Adam, you know how difficult is was for me to post this, so I'm going to end this here. I'm so looking forward to your response, and I thank you again for the extension(s).

Great love,

Thank you, Readers,

Reese

P.S. I've decided to start playing around with my sister's camera, so that I can record and edit with ease when I meet John next month on his book tour. Oh, YES, readers, I have the opportunity to meet John when he comes to my city in October! I'll be sure to post pictures accompanying a blog soon thereafter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First comment.

(Sorry, I can't resist commenting.)

I am so very excited for your imminent meeting with John, and glad that you've got your camera going.

That question is going to be VERY hard to answer, you know, Reese.

--Elated, from Cornwall.