Thursday 26 June 2008

At nine my little doings are begun

I have just realised how close I came to breaking the time limit, and I apologise profusely. I should imagine you were getting quite worried. "Where is darling Adam’s blog post?" you must have been moaning in a pool of tears. "I do so miss his wonderful words." Well, you need no longer fear, for I am wholly and utterly here. React to this fact however you see fit (leap about with joy, smile distractedly, sigh with annoyance, stop reading in violent anger, etc.).

My life is d
ismantling around me. Boxes tower cheerlessly, figures smiling inanely from their sheer cardboard faces, whilst secretly sneering at me as they withhold my most precious and bliss-inducing items. But I must not complain, for two very good reasons:

1. This is extremely temporary, and I will be unpacking in a new room in just a few days.

2. I have already told you all about this, Reese, and I do not wish to bore you.

I have also just realised that my tea is cold. Damn and custard.

I'm glad to know that more people are reading this than just me and Reese. In my last post I asked you all to leave a comment, which turned out to be a foolish thing for me to do since the settings were such that only people with certain accounts could comment. It is now set so that anybody can leave a comment, so please feel uninhabited to do so.

On that note, Reese recently emailed John and/or Hank about this glorious project, so there is a good chance that they're reading this as well. If this is the case, please accept a special personal invitation from me to leave a comment below. It really would exhilarate both o
f us.

As a little treat
today I'm including in this post a picture of me dressed as Captain Hook on the occasion of my seventh birthday:


















Unfortunately I couldn't find a full-length one of me (those ones are the best, really, since I had an excellent coat which went with the outfit), but that one will suffice. As another bonus, and to make up for the lack of a full outfit, here’s another one of me when I was a lot younger:


















Yes, I know. I was adorable (I still am, of course).



QUESTION 5:

What do/would you do when something or someone you've been earnestly supporting loses or fails at what they or he/she/it are/is trying to achieve? What do/would you do when they or he/she/it do/does achieve their or his/hers/its goal(s)? Be specific, if possible.

Well, that's an interesting question, because it has an interesting answer.


It really depends upon how I learn about the news. If I'm watching
an awards ceremony and someone whom I greatly admire and adore fails to attain a particular award, I usually go bananas. My throat is normally sore five minutes later because of my shouting. This is, of course, due to the tension which builds up during a ceremony like this. If, however, I hear about it on the radio, in a newspaper, by word of mouth, or on the internet, I am much calmer. I'm dying inside, you understand, but I am calm about it. Slight shouting, but overall very composed. General grumpiness will often ensue.

If someone whom I greatly admire and adore succeeds at
something, it is the same case, but for different reasons. I will shout at the television, but in joy. I will calmly accept the news, but I will smile. I will then proceed to skip about in a bubble of euphoria.


It's now time for . . .





Well, today on Interesting Picture Time, we have this little treat for
you:














Yes, your eyes are fine. That is indeed sheep made from old telephones. What is the artist trying to say here, do you think?


QUESTION 6:
Apart from Emma Thompson, who is your favourite actor/actress, and why?


Yes, I know; simple, basic, shallow question. But it's what I want to ask, so there.

My favourite actor – or, more specifically, the actor I hold in the highest regard – is a man named Jeremy Brett. He was quite simply magnificent, and there will never again exist an actor with his level of skill and charisma (though many can come close).


















Jeremy Brett's Wikipedia page



There's nothing much more to say than that. I'm sure you'll find much more to say about your chosen actor/actress than I have done.

Reese, I am awed by your Perfect Day, and only wish that I was with you in your hypothetical world.


Well, what a melancholy occasion this is. Time, like a thief in the night, has smashed our near-side window, and stolen thence the stereo from our dashboard therein. Wiping a sad, soft, salt tear from my crimsoning cheek, I bid you, dear reading several, a disastrously gentle and gently horrified farewell, in anticipation of our future encounter on the highway of time. (Oh shut up, Adam. Where do you get off on that sort of language? Hmm? "The highway of time"? Really? Jes
us . . .)

always, Adam.

P.S. Congratulations go to Patti Lupwn for winning the Tony Award.
P.P.S. The title of this blog is from an E. B. White poem, by the way.
P.P.P.S. Take the pumpkin!

4 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I'll have you know I was certainly moaning in a pool of tears. Except not really. But I was pretty darn close. :D

Aw, baby Adam is so cute! The Captain Hook costume pwns all. I love pictures of people when they were younger. :)

And the sheep sculptures are freaking awesome. I want one for my room. Except my mom would think it was weird, and I'd have to explain it to her, and she'd be like, "Why can't you just be normal?", and then I'd be like, "Because I'm your daughter, and that wouldn't make sense", and then she'd be like, "Oh".

Don't suck on that bone!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen said...

I got the message about this blog on my page at the Ning, and now I will stop by regularly. I actually *met* Jeremy Brett. I felt the same way about him, and had the chance to go see him perform when I was 17. So I did, and I met him. Adam, I know exactly how you feel. Also, I would like a sheep-telephone.

(And sorry--blogger slightly exploded when I left the comment.)